Thursday, July 8, 2010

back on track

I have a quick little baby blankie to share with you to show you that I am back in the saddle again with my sewing! I did spend a lot of time lately on the quilting of my newest quilt, becoming a pattern for the 2010 MN Shop Hop quilt, and as soon as I finish the binding I will show it. It seemed to take me forever to get the quilting on it done, I didn't have a clear plan in mind and found myself just staring at it from time to time to figure out what I wanted to do next! Once it was off the frame, I sought a little reward with this cuddly quilt--
This type of quick quilt has become my new favorite! It is simply 2 fabrics, usually I use some flannel, polar fleece, or other plush fabric. I layer the 2 together without batting and do a big all-over quilt design. Then I cut a wide binding (6" strip) and finish off the edges. I even forego the usual hand-stitched binding for a machine stitch, and feel such a nice sense of completion when finished. And this one is slotted for a cute little one-year-old guy, George, who is having a birthday party on Sunday. He lives with his mom and dad south of Minneapolis and this will be the first time we have a chance to visit their new home, should be fun!

This quote described me as I was quilting:
"Indecision may or may not be my problem." Jimmy Buffett

No comments: