Sunday, August 8, 2010

surprise

I really have to share a great new recipe with all of you! Debbie made this for lunch, she is great at scouring through her food magazines to find recipes to try.
Rosemary Chicken Salad Sandwiches from Cooking Light, but also in the files at myrecipes.com so I have included the link for you. This was a very tasty variation on the standard chicken salad, the key element for my taste buds was the smoked almonds. Try it!

Just a couple thoughts about recipe management and the world wide web-- I have used this site several times, and found it is a way to keep recipes that I like, or think I might like, in an accessible location. If you sign up with them (free) you can keep your own little file to refer back to. Saves me printing or copying things that get tossed towards my recipe shoebox and never seen again. Sometimes I don't feel that signing up for an account on a website is helpful if it results in getting unwanted email messages, so I keep it to a minimum. I can safely say that this is not a website that has been sending me any emails, so I feel OK about recommending it to you. Another site that I use for some recipes is Real Simple, but that is one that does send me out messages, some of which I requested, like the daily recipe or daily thought. Before Brita's wedding I was on the wedding tip list, but edited that out as soon as my need passed. But I do keep a recipe file on there, as well, so there is value in it for me to have an "account" (free) on the website.
Do you have any other recipe websites that are your favorites? Let me know!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I use www.food.com which used to be recipezaar... I like that I can keep all my recipes online...