Saturday, July 7, 2012

A bit absent from my keyboard lately, in the midst of other good things happening.  Little trips here and there, a wedding party, visits from special people, quality time with my Ian, and a little work thrown in for good measure!  I had fallen far behind on my quilting commitments, but now aiming to correct that problem.  Here's one for Debbie for the store, forgetting the name right now but I will update when I find it in my memory bank. 
Fabric is for Quilt MN 2012.



Made good use of the stripe with words and the big flying geese blocks got a little special attention.
Also finished up Irene's Gee's Bend quilt and it was a challenge to me to follow in the style of their quilts.  So I forced myself to put away my rulers and used some guidance from my book about these quilts.  I'm glad that Irene liked the finished quilt when I delivered it yesterday.

I have also made good progress on a couple of new patterns that I am writing, I will share pictures when they are decent!

One of those things keeping me from my fabric was pure fun up on Lake Winnibigoshish.  Here are a couple good catches--
Dan's was just within the legal zone so it was a keeper!
Bob's was in the illegal zone so went back in the water. :(

A storm that skirted around the lake we were on so our fishing was uninterrupted.  Good thing since we needed to catch enough to feed 30+ hungry folks.

No comments: