Saturday, March 5, 2016

Happy weekend to you!

Do you know how much energy it takes to keep up with 2 little boys all day long??!!  Thank goodness I had lots of energy about 35 years ago when the kids were my own little ones, but I think might have used it all up!  We have been having such a good time with Ian and Jack (and Brita and Ben, too!).  In fact, yesterday was Ian's 4th birthday, so it was pretty much a party all day long!  The meal we prepared, at his request, was chicken strips, french fries and ketchup!  With chocolate cake and chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles for dessert!  It even snowed for Ian, like a special birthday treat from God.  Both boys enjoyed tromping around in the fresh snow (only 2" but enough for them) and making tracks and looking for tracks.

I still haven't unpacked from my recent retreat, too many other things to do, but here's a picture of progress I made on my stash Scrap Hap quilt--


This is all fabric pulled from my own shelves, but since it takes only a 2 1/2" strip of each fabric, there is still some left on the shelf!  This is about halfway done.  I'm trying to decide what to do for the outer border.  For the batik quilt made from this pattern, I used a neutral tan shade for that.  Now I'm wondering if I should use a variety of fabrics in one color for that.  Not sure.

I made this wallet a little while ago, but I didn't take pictures of it.  It is called the Diva Wallet and uses a metal frame and closure.  I love this fabric by Lori Holt that fit right into the front and the back sides.





And here are those little angels, Ian and Jack, playing on the church piano last Sunday!

No comments: