Saturday, October 27, 2007

A day of accomplishments!

I hadn't really planned it this way, but it has turned out to be a day of finishing. Finished quilting a small quilt for Nancy, finished knitting mittens, stocking cap, and lacey scarf. I do love the feeling of finishing! I need to do more of it. I do get behind in my projects and have been trying really hard lately to not take on anything new. This has worked pretty good, with only a couple minor exceptions. I especially want to finish off anything I have started knitting because I have come to the conclusion that I need to put aside the knitting to free up that time for working on my longarm. Except for socks, that is. I would like to continue with that aspect of my knitting, because it is small and makes appreciated gifts for others. As far as better descriptions of what I worked on today: the stocking cap is a bulky merino wool in variegated sherbert colors, purchased on my vacation in August in Maine; the mittens are a secret; and the scarf was an experiment in learning a new technique using some soft silky pastel yarn. My quilting was fairly successful, an improvement but still not on par with the quilting that I admire. I did get to experience the problems associated with a broken needle, but no great damage. And the mounting and process of quilting went much better this time than previously. There is a lot to remember about what gets pinned to where, what is done next, what needs to be double-checked, etc. Need to get some bulk batting and threads, I have been putting off getting that ordered. Tomorrow is working at the hospital, but only an 8 hour shift rather than the usual 12, so should be a breeze! Working in the Trauma/Neuro ICU is never a breeze!

No comments: