Saturday, November 22, 2008

you know it's a good day when...

I don't require a lot to make me happy, a day spent at home is one of my favorite treats, and last Thursday it was especially nice because I got to sew on all 4 of my machines in one day!  What makes a good day for you?  
At the moment, I am in the recliner with my feet up because I have been on my feet all day at Bear Patch, we had a sale today and it was well-attended, to put it mildly.  We had 5 cutting table and 2 cash registers up and running almost the entire day, a lot of yards of fabric went out the door!  We collected food for the local food shelf and toys for the Lions Club, too, and many boxes of that went out the door.  It was a fun, upbeat day and I saw so many people I know.
I am so happy to report that I have had some good sales of my patterns, lately the most popular has been Chill Pill, which is kind of surprising to me.  I thought that it was almost too simple to justify putting it into print, but I am learning that there is a place for that, and simple doesn't mean without value.  I liked it myself, but didn't think it would attract much attention when there are so many patterns to choose from.  It helps tremendously that I can have the quilts on display prominently in the store, and being there to tell people about the pattern and myself is also a bonus.  I'm having fun with it!  And a huge thank you to Dan for his help with the pattern cover designs, it is so crucial to have an attractive and appealing cover to gain the attention of the looker.  He is doing an awesome job!  He also has had a very busy period at work so it's not easy to pin him down on a deadline for my patterns!  
I completed a quilt for a customer yesterday and got permission to share it with you, it is different because it is hand embroidered and then colored with crayon.  This shows one of the 9 different blocks--

I finished knitting a helmetliner to be sent off to the military, I was going to post a picture here but the uplink isn't working right.  It's like a hoodie-hat, and the picture of me wearing it is just something you are going to have to live without, believe me, you aren't missing much!  Cast on a sock that will be for Leisl, I was thinking about trying out the 2-at-one-time method on the "magic loop" needle, but didn't have the right needle so doing it my regular way.  That's all for now!

No comments: