Wednesday, February 1, 2012

finally finished

This quilt has been stalled on my frame for longer than I had expected, a combination of life's happenings and a low ebb in my creative enthusiasm.  Quilter's block?


I'm not sure of the name of the pattern, I will try to find out from Joyce, the maker.  Now I hope I can pick up the pace again and get some more customer quilts completed.  Right now I am going to run out to Joann's, the nearest one is about 10 miles away, to match a thread color for the next quilt.  I have the desired green isacord thread to be used on the quilt top, but would like to match that color in a cotton thread for the bobbin.  Isacord is a slippery polyester thread and works best with a less slippery thread on the bobbin.  Helps with knotting off ends and setting tension.  Might just have to cruise the yarn aisles, too!  Then later tonight it is a trip downtown to watch the Timberwolves play, they have been pretty hot lately so I hope tonight is a barnburner!

No comments: