After some struggles, I finally got it all together. Took about twice as long as it should have. After sewing all the triangle pairs together, they are sewn into rows alternating with the solid white. Except they were different sizes. This is where you would see my sad face. I had cut all of the white so couldn't change those pieces. So I had to "unsew" all of those triangles and trim each down carefully so corners and strips would match up when sewn back together. Takes patience! And now I'm figuring how to correct the problem when I do the demo! Would love to know how the pattern designer avoided this!
So now it's time to move on to something else!