Saturday, July 19, 2014

natural beauty

The hydrangeas seem to be especially lush this summer, they are practically blocking our front walk so I will have to go cut some today.  They never last real well in water, and I do dry some but there is a limit to how many I can use.


I saw 2 unusual animals last week, in 2 different locations nearby.  These pictures are not real good, I only used my iphone for these and the critters don't like to sit still anywhere close to where I was.  The first picture shows a regular brown squirrel on the right side of the trunk, and on the left side you can get a glimpse of a black squirrel.  I don't think I have ever seen a black one before.


Then a couple days later I saw this pretty white squirrel, and he shows up much better in the picture.  I have seen a couple white squirrels before, so they must be a little more common.



Ian spent an overnight with us and he learned how to help me dig a hole to transplant some hostas.  He was proud to be able to help with his little trowel.


5 comments:

Daniel said...

I've never heard of a white squirrel before!?!? Where were you?

Pam said...

The white one was in a park in Ham Lake where there are a bunch of baseball diamonds that you used to play at. The black one was up in St. Francis near Nick's repair shop.

MissesStitches said...

Your flowers are so-o-o-o beautiful, Pam! I've never ever seen a white squirrel, and I'm wondering if it really exists.

Pam said...

Jan, you are sooo clever to have figured out that I go around catching squirrels and spray painting them white. I am so busted.

MissesStitches said...

That's what I thought, SisterStitches!!!