Thursday, July 7, 2016

book report

I am always reading and/or listening to a book whenever I have time.  Recorded books have been a big bonus, I can read while doing other things (like driving!)
I get most of my books through the library on Kindle or digital recordings on iPhone.  Sometimes I do read an actual paper book, too!

I just finished listening to this book--


I recommend it.  It's non-fiction.  If you have read anything by Jon Krakauer before, you know he does a lot of research and study of his subject.  This book involves a lot of police and judicial system elements, which can get kind of long and drawn out to listen to.  When I was impatient to get onto the next chapter, I would remind myself that if it felt prolonged to me over the course of some minutes, it must have felt interminable to the women going through the process.  It is not a happy story.  It really makes me think about a lot of things differently.  Read it and tell me what you think!

No comments: