Monday, May 19, 2008

Catch Up

Sorry for the gap in time. Today I am speaking to you from Portland, OR, having just found my way to the computer desk for hotel guests. And although I am leaving for home today, I have time right now for an update. I have been here since last Wednesday for International Quilt Market. Each day has been quite packed, leaving me uninterested in sitting down at a keyboard until now. I'm here with Debbie as we seek out great new products for Bear Patch Quilting Co., and we have a load to go home! Actually much more than will fit in our suitcases, but luckily our friend and designer, Mary H., drove here so was more than willing to take some of our bags home with her. Our stay here in Portland at the Paramount Hotel has been great, even though it was unseasonably warm (upper 80's-90) some of the time, at least it hasn't rained! I will be adding some photos here once I get home and sort things out. We purchased and ordered so many great new patterns, some from totally new names and many that we already know and love. We have great plans, but just like at a great buffet, I am afraid our ideas are bigger than our actual resources, so we will be needing help from our store staff for sample making. Given that many of the patterns are irresistable, that shouldn't be too hard to arrange! We look hard to find patterns that we think will make pleasing store samples or excellent class material over the upcoming months. So stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see whats new! Nancy in WI