Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's a wrap--

I really meant to put up these pictures sooner, like right after I got home last Saturday, but then life happened and I had to snap out of the fantasy land of fiber, food, fun and friends.  It really seems like such a luxury to have had the chance to indulge in the past week's vacation.  I'm very very lucky to have such good friends, the kind who like many of the same things I do, the kind who don't mind when I watch the Young and the Restless even though they never do, the kind who tell me I need to add another border to the quilt I wanted to be done with already, and the list goes on.  They are the ones who appreciate the fact that my corners and points match, my borders are straight, my beer has the correct fruit in it, and the less cheese the better!  That reminds me, I've coined a name for an entire food group--Beer Fruit!  You know, the lemons, limes and oranges that must accompany any well dressed glass of beer.  Cheers!
Debbie progressed on her sock, making a fine heel and showing signs of getting sucked into the magic of a gusset!

Leisl made more blocks for this wonderful optical illusion log cabin quilt

Nancy made many beautiful batik stars

Debbie made fantasy flowers 

I made a little project for the block of the month starting soon at the store

and finished up this well aged quilt, making these reproduction vintage prints closer to being an actual vintage quilt

And many more projects saw the light of day, we really had a nice little sweat shop going there on the shores of Gull Lake!  

No comments: