Friday, February 13, 2009

new ideas


It seemed like I was in a dead zone for awhile as far as creating something for new patterns, but I seemed to get a jumpstart while on my recent retreat, so now I have a couple things in the works.  One is a little baby quilt, very simple, and coming my way via Bear Patch.  This little design was used often for kits at the store to make good use of especially great kids' fabric groups, making up a "naptime quilt".  I am adding a pillow or 2, and at the suggestion of Debbie (store owner) putting it all into a new pattern for Emmaline.  I loved this cute robot/outer space fabric from the moment I saw it, so it is perfect for this project.  It just needs 4 or 5 fabrics, no pieced blocks, and you are done before you know it!  I also tried out a new quilting method since reading my latest book about McTavishing (thank you Brita!).  It turned out kind of funky, but fitting for this project.   Also working on a project to be given to the Bear Patch retreaters--it's a secret!  Better go get some instructions on paper!

No comments: