Thursday, October 28, 2010

searching


I guess many people search for meaning in their lives, but I am searching for fabric! I have a plan in mind for a variation of my Star Light quilt and it involves this pretty little polka dot that turned up in my stash from an unknown source. It is only a fat quarter. I need more to make it work. I might be able to find something else similar, after looking online for a bit I can find a multitude of red polka dots with dots all in a row, but I have my mind set on this one so I am going to exhaust all my resources before I settle.
Here's Star Light in blue--
I want this polka dot for the little squares in the border that looks a bit like a zigzag. So if anyone glancing at this page knows who designed/manufactured this fabric, or even better, where to get some, please give me a shout!
I finished binding up the Knittin' Mittens quilt, I really like this little stripe. I like the process of putting bindings on my quilts, and I often choose a stripe or plaid that gives a special little finishing touch.
We have had some major winds here the past 2 days, it was nice to wake up this morning and not hear the howling outside. Two great big pine trees blew down in our neighborhood, and we were without power for about 16 hours which is very unusual for us. Usually we get a little flicker of outage, but rarely something lasting that long. Really made us stop and think about all we are so used to having, but which many people in the world would consider a luxury. Flushing toilets, heated running water, refrigeration, heat, lights, TV, stove, microwave, automatic garage door opener, sewing machines! All those basics. But we did manage to keep warm and read by flashlight, and we were very happy to have everything working again. Kind of reminds me of this quote:
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. --Theodore Roosevelt

3 comments:

Mary Frances Kaiser said...

Hi Pam,
Check out:
fabric.com>search
DJ-647
good luck!
Mary

MissesStitches said...

I don't know if this would help you or not.
http://www.findmyfabric.com/

Good luck

Pam said...

Thanks for the suggestions--I'm looking....