Thursday, July 14, 2011

the pieces fit together

There has been much thread flying around here as I work on putting together 1 or 2 or 3 new quilts for Quilt MN. This limited edition fabric includes a border print fabric which fits so nicely into my previously designed pattern "One Row To Go". I have expanded that design with new blocks and a larger layout to more closely fit a twin bed. This is a portion of it...
and when I finish getting the borders done today or tomorrow I will show you a better shot. I took the partially finished quilt top to the store yesterday for some feedback on borders, etc., and decided how to finish it off. Plus I was able to show it to a few people, and was encouraged by their responses, so that helps me push onward!

It's a cloudy day today with a light rain, and I was outside admiring my hydrangeas:
These have gotten so large that we have to trim them back to allow access to our front walk. This all developed from 1 small plant, I never imagined it would become so large and thick! I don't put any additives in the soil to bring out the blueish colors that are often found in these flowers. I like the simplicity of these big white flowerheads.

"Not everything that is faced can be changed. But nothing can be changed until it is faced." James Arthur Baldwin

No comments: