Monday, December 22, 2008

Catch-up

So, I haven't shown any pictures lately of what's in the works, so here's a little catch-up:
A new sample from my own pattern, Hocus Pocus, to be a class at Bear Patch.  Made with Rowan fabrics by Kaffe Fassett, mostly.  The first photo shows half of the quilt, I don't have anybody home to hold it up for me to get the whole thing.  One thing I really need to come up with is a better system for hanging quilts for pictures.  I quilted it with a pantogram called Flower Power.  The colors in the pictures look a lot more faded than it actually is.
Some knitting highlights:  a simple scarf using Noro Silk Garden yarn and a pattern from Ravelry

Socks for Leisl, a BD present, they are on the back burner at the moment while my impulsivity makes me do other things

Another scarf from a pattern on Ravelry by Yarn Harlot, the yarn is a synthetic and nice and soft, I bought it at a place in Spooner,WI.

Finished a quilt of Nancy's--

Just sent off a package to Dan with a stocking cap and scarf, among other gifts.  Yesterday we got to surprise him with a gift card at the service counter of the grocery store he goes to, that was fun.  Thank you to Vons for arranging that!
And now I am on my way upstairs to work on star blocks for a new Block of the Month class.  Beautiful fabric!  The fire is burning hot in the woodstove, the Christmas lights are on, a little music and -20 outside.  Poor Bob, had to go to work!  I thought I might have to go out to get a couple more stocking stuffers, but that plan might change unless the thermometer makes a recovery!

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the Spoof Calendar Give-a-way! Lucky you because I decided to print a few extras and drew more than one name. Your comment was one of the winners! So head on over to my blog and get the info to send me your address!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
LeeAnn
www.mintbasil.blogspot.com