Thursday, December 23, 2010

merry christmas to all

I am so looking forward to the next few days--family, food and fun! Having son, daughter, son-in-law, son-in-law's parents from N. Carolina all here tomorrow will be one of my most special experiences. And shouldn't there be a term for that relationship between parents of a married couple? There are steps and halfs and in-laws galore, but nothing to identify that unique relationship between my son-in-law's parents and us. "Extended family" just doesn't cut it in my book! "Friends" could be applied, but that is too general to describe the affiliation that I am thinking of. Two sets of parents both involved in the lives of a couple with different backgrounds and histories, but a mutual love. Maybe we need to invent a new word!!

So I will be absent from my posts for the next few days, and made this little holiday video just for you--

No comments: