Thursday, November 15, 2012

a hodge podge of quilt retreat

I am living the good life at the Stitchin' Trips retreat at Bridge Creek Cottage in August, WI.  A wonderful group of ladies are here who have all become friends over the years that they have been brought together by the lure of time to spend with sewing, projects galore, and lots of laughs.  Here's a little re-cap of a few things:

My lattice quilt met her little cousin!  Nancy is assembling the same design with smaller strips and batik fabrics.  Both of us are thrilled by the thought of many, many little seams!

 A completed quilt top for Marilee that has been layered and pinned for quilting.  There's a lucky girl waiting for this one to be done!

A t-shirt quilt, part of a trilogy, getting some finishing touches.

My fancy pants heating pad cover, custom designed with a pocket for my feet.  I won't even show you the gross old cover that went into the garbage!  Every time I used it, I was disgusted, and finally realized that I could probably replace it with very little trouble.  Now my warm tootsies are happier than ever!


Some pieces for my applecore quilt using the 11" template and pattern from Country Fabrics and Quilts in Brainerd, MN.  More pieces are cut and waiting for my attention.

A still life study of the tablescape--

A plucky little chicken--


And the start of Urban Beads--

That's all for now--
My machine is calling me!

No comments: