Thursday, January 10, 2013

comfy and happy

One of the key things about this type of vacation is comfort.  Relaxed clothing, no schedule, casual meals and companions who do likewise.  Leisl caught me late last night --


I was happy to accomplish putting together all of the blocks for this fun new quilt.  It is a pattern by Bee In My Bonnet.


I also got some work done on this "pinwheel flower" quilt that I am making for a class to be presented this winter at Bear Patch.  I am writing the pattern as I go.  It will have a row of green grass all around the outside, but I don't have enough of the green fabric here to finish it all, so that will happen after I get back home.  Fortunately, there is still a bit of that fabric left at the store and tucked away waiting for me.  Otherwise, we would be on Plan B.  Always good to have a backup plan!


 And I have spent time tracing, fusing and cutting pieces for this picture that will go out to Montana when it is completed.  It is designed by McKenna Ryan, one of her many Pine Needles patterns.

I purchased the pattern when shopping at the Backdoor General Store in Whitefish, MT.  They are a combo gift shop/quilt shop, featuring many of the Pine Needles patterns and samples because McKenna Ryan has lived (or currently lives?) there.  I had a very nice chat with the shop owners and hope I can return.
The Backdoor General Store in Whitefish, MT.
And that wraps up all of the excitement for me today at Causeway on Gull resort.

3 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun. Glad you got your voice back! Good work, Pam!

Brita said...

Such a great week away for you guys. I hope to do that one day with my friends, maybe we'll even be sewing & knitting too! Your scissor & pinwheel quilts are both so cute, and they make me think of spring!

Daniel said...

That McKenna Ryan looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in person!