Monday, January 7, 2013

sew time

I am livin' the good life right now, away for a week of sewing with my gal pals, Nancy and Leisl.  We are staying at Causeway on Gull near Nisswa, MN.  It is a comfy condo that got a quick makeover to turn it into our home sweet sewing home.  And the best part is that I am recovering from a nasty cold that had me speechless for about 4 days.  I have never lost my voice to that degree before, barely able to whisper!  So my raspy voice now is wonderful, although still not back to normal.  It did kind of wipe me out for a couple days, I even wondered for a moment if I would be able to take this trip, but we toughed it out and it's good that we did.  As my brother-in-law, Larry, would say, any ordinary person would have been overcome!

We have been working on a variety of projects, some old, some new.  It's always a question of whether to tackle the least desirable first or treat yourself to whatever is new and most appealing first.  Both Nancy and Leisl had made these flowerpot applique panels, and last night they got framed up--

There was quite a tussle with some gorilla tape to hold the fabric to the foam core, but the girls won that fight and they turned out great!

Nancy put the finishing stitches on both of these little wool/embroidery projects--



Leisl has been hoarding a bunch of border prints and started making a pile of tablerunners using the 60 degree triangle ruler.  Still a little work to do on these, stay tuned for results!

Leisl is finishing up a quilt for a customer that made these star blocks.  The lady needed help with putting it all together so Leisl has added the sashing and borders.  It's much bigger than what is shown here, I think maybe queen size.


This is a new project that I started yesterday and now have the 9 giant scissors pieced together--

They are fun in a sort of wacky way!  I will be putting them together with more blocks in between and all around.

All of this plus food, wine, movies and plenty of good talk (now that my voice is back!).  And don't forget the chocolate!  As an indicator of how lousy I had been feeling, I don't think I had M&M's in a whole week!  Honestly didn't care if I ever saw an M again!  But now I'm back on track, so we can all breath easily.

1 comment:

MissesStitches said...

Glad you're having such a good time. All the projects look great. I love your giant scissors quilt squares! Good thing you're feeling better. Those m's won't eat themselves, Pam!