Sunday, October 13, 2013

Big bucket

I have been able to get a little bit of time to continue working on some previously started projects. Most of the things that I worked on at the retreat fell into that category, and it's going to be awhile before I hit the bottom of the pile.

This big bucket was probably about 75% done at another time and I'm not sure what interrupted me. It is a design that I pulled from the sew4home website. I did end making a change in the pattern, combining the best of this pattern with the best of the Bucket Brigade pattern by Atkinson Designs. Now it is Ian's toy bucket!

I have worked on some customer quilts lately, and this one from Sharon is now happily back with her. It is a pattern from Bareroots and includes 12 little cottages that depict the 12 months of the year. Quilting on a hand embroidered quilt presents a few different challenges. It needs to be done carefully to enhance all of the hard work that has already gone into it. 
I try to run an unobtrusive line of stitching into the design so there isn't too much open space, but not stitch too much. I hope I manage to strike a good balance!

Tonight has been a happy bit of Ian time and he has a wave for you!



1 comment:

MissesStitches said...

Here's a wave back to Ian! Love the big bucket. I have an embroidered quilt top that I need to get going on quilting, too, so I'd appreciate any additional tips you have for me. Great post!