Tuesday, May 5, 2015

in the works

Some recent quilting for customers--
A sweet little baby quilt to be displayed at Bear Patch, made by Debbie.



and a flannel quilt that any fisherman or woman would love to have, made by Nancy.
  
Yesterday I spent some time trying to get a good photograph of a quilt for a pattern.  I made this about 2 years ago, but it has been on the back burner for awhile.  It was a project that lasted a few months, because it required gathering together a lot of assorted batik fabrics that worked well together.  This is called a "hap quilt", an old term for a blanket or covering, often made of wool.  The strips are skinny (3/4" finished) in the courthouse steps block and I just took it slowly until it reached a reasonable size.
I am going to take a new picture, because I don't like the wintery grapevine branches on the pergola.  But I do like the colors in the sunshine!

1 comment:

MissesStitches said...

One of my favorite quilts! Pieces are too small for me to make, though!