Friday, January 18, 2008

Sew-in!


I'm shortly off to church with my machine in tow and a basket of fabric! What more could a girl ask for? Well, maybe a glass of wine a bit later! Anyway, I am going to get in some quality time with my dear sewing machine and hopefully complete some blocks for the Carry Nation quilt that I am making for a future class at the store. It is a lot of pieces, but not technically difficult, so I should be able to carry on a conversation with others from my quilt group at the sew-in. The Ham Lake Piecemakers are my gang, my girls, my homies, my buds, and just good people. We have the church reserved for 2 days so will make the most of it. I am including a photo in today's post showing a great view of the mountains from the peak at Mammoth Mountain at the end of the gondola. It was windy and cold that day. You can see the ice formation blown sideways from the posts on the snow fence. But I do love those mountaintops!

No comments: