Thursday, February 25, 2010

Puppies on parade

I've been working on a new little quilt design because I have always liked the look of the 16-patch block but never used it before. So I found this irresistible puppy dog fabric at Bear Patch and with some input from Kristina, gathered up 16 more fabrics to make the blocks. It's just a baby quilt size so pretty reasonable to put together if you have a special fabric that you want to use and some bits and pieces to go with it.
This is a close-up of the puppies, although for some reason they appear to be on a beige background instead of the blue that is shown above. They really are cute, even to someone like me who is not what I would call a "dog person"! We have had several cats as pets, but never a dog, except when I was a kid at home on the farm and dogs were a part of the landscape there.
I think these little pups are as close as I will come to having a pet dog!

3 comments:

Blessed said...

I've been trying to find this puppy fabric for a while now. The store you bought it from sold out :( You wouldn't happen to know who made it? Or perhaps you have a selvedge (sp?) edge?

Pam said...

I just looked at my leftover scrap and the selvege has nothing to identify the maker. I do know that it was from a Japanese company and is a linen blend, I think. Wish I could be more help, sorry.

Blessed said...

Thank you so much for responding. I'll keep a look out.

I think the fabric is absolutely gorgeous, and what you have done with it is beautiful. Just gorgeous work. Well done.