Sunday, August 7, 2011

details

I was so happy today to open up the windows and shut off the A/C, as the air around here became much more breathable and pleasant. I was even inspired to pull weeds from some flower beds that have become too congested with yarrow that has spread all over and is choking out some other lovely plants. While out there, I saw some large yellow butterflies flitting about, and got a picture of this guy who must have been getting a sip from the bottom of the lily--

and close by was this tiny little guy, his wings were only about 1" from top to bottom. I don't have a proper telescopic lens so this was the best I could get. Always makes me appreciate the diversity of nature and the details that I often overlook.


Another detail I enjoy is finishing up a quilt like this one for a customer--
A lot of work went into this one. Many, many little triangles!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You must take your camera with you everywhere, or is it a phone with camera. Anyway, good idea, next time I go to the flower garden taking my camera along, have missed many opportunities to get pictures of nature. Thanks for sharing. Oh and love the quilt

MissesStitches said...

Beautiful butterflies! Beautiful quilt!

Pam said...

I find my little Canon Powershot so easy to tuck in a pocket or purse, it goes with me everywhere!