Monday, July 21, 2008

Home again


This is the "after" shot of the back of our vehicle when we got back home--Nearly ran out of room, had to open the door very carefully so nothing would come tumbling out!  Made me wish for our trailer, but we managed anyway.  And you see a photo of our traveling posse--from the top is Nancy, Leisl, Maggie and finally me.  We are on the steps of the Adel Quilting and Dry Goods store in Adel, IA.  What a great setting and friendly owners.  It was a beautiful morning but we only had time for 2 shops before we had to point ourselves north on I35 for about 5 hours of driving.  We were doing OK until we got to the far south side of Minneapolis where we ran into construction, heavy traffic, rude drivers, and torrential rain.  However, it cleared up for us to unload and head to our respective homes, ready to bask in the joy of new fabrics and patterns.  We did have one very excellent adventure, as always.  What a pleasure to have good friends!  Even though I often feel that I don't have enough time at home to do what's needed, I needed this little trip with the girls badly.  I highly recommend it!  Thanks to 3 very special women for brightening my life!

No comments: