Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fresh snow this morning!  The fun never ends!  There was a prediction of lots of the white stuff, but so far only 1-2" on the ground.  I am at Camp Lebanon, near Upsala, MN.  The maintenance guy said he had a bit of a tough drive here this morning due to the fact that it was blowing pretty hard, here at the lodge it is sheltered so that is not a factor in my walk from the other building.  The weather has interfered with some of the retreat attendees, causing some to leave a day early yesterday before the snow so they could be home for jobs, etc., and those everyday demands of life!  I am lucky to be able to sit tight here until Thursday.  I am here representing Bear Patch, teaching a couple classes and minding our mini-Bear Patch to supply fresh patterns and notions for the quilters here.  Also getting some sewing time:

This is the start of a Hap Quilt, I don't even know if the pattern is available any longer.  It was an idea from a few years ago and I had the strips all cut, now there are at least these 12 blocks.  I thought it would be bigger than this.  The other is made using templates from Elisa's Backporch and needs a lot more blocks so I will be working on that today.
I have a few pictures from my weekend with the Ham Lake Piecemakers:

We had a nice big open room for sewing with windows overlooking the lake.  

Carol labored over this purse, we were all impressed by her perseverance!  It is an Indygo Junction pattern, not sure of the name at the moment. 
Today we will watch the snow fall and stay warm and cozy while working on our quilts.  When the dinner bell rings we report to the dining hall downstairs, so life is simple! 

No comments: