Thursday, March 12, 2009

fun in the moonlight


Please remind me to come back here next year when the moon is full so we can repeat our snowshoe hike by moonlight.  It was an excellent adventure!  This picture shows Bob and I on the crest of a hill with the rising moon in the background--beautiful!  The temp was perfect and no wind, so when we had to wait a few minutes for the moon to rise above a bank of clouds on the horizon, we didn't get cold.  We had a great guide, Robin,  from the Tamarack Lodge, who informed us of interesting history of the area.  She has authored a beautiful new book, Tracks of Passion, about the history of skiing on Mammoth Mountain.  When we got back to the lodge we sipped a bit of hot mulled wine and tasted a great cheesecake dessert.  A perfect night, thank you to Dan for arranging it!
Special greetings to all my quiltie friends who are at Bridge Creek Cottage without me!  Miss you guys!  I hope you enjoy the little project I put together for you, and have a good retreat.  Yesterday I visited Quilting in the Sierras in Bishop, and found a couple new patterns.   It's always fun to find something unique by someone local when I am away from my Bear Patch home.  Bought a little yarn at Sierra Cottons and Wools in June Lake, and got a sneak peak at some upcoming designs from Bareroots.   Barri Sue Gaudet, designer of Bareroots patterns,  operates this cute little shop chock full of yarns and stitcheries.  She even has a separate pattern line--In the Woods--exclusive to her store.  I will probably drop in there again tomorrow and see if I can snap a photo to post for you--yes, I'm always thinking of you!  It's a tough job but somebody has to do it!
Hanging out in the Looney Bean coffee shop in Mammoth Lakes, waiting for Dan to finish his workout after work so we can all go to dinner and then out to the local hot springs.   Keep on stitchin'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
We did your project tonight! Everyone liked it. Glad you are having fun in the sun. We finally got above 0 today..........another cold spell.. Will it ever end??
Nancy