Saturday, June 6, 2009

the Posse retreat at Big Swan Lake

Life is good!  3 days away from home, except Nancy is at home sweet home, doing what we enjoy in a beautiful setting.  Not far from Grey Eagle, near Long Prairie, northeast of Osakis and Alexandria--put that in your GPS!  Nancy invited our posse gang for a long weekend and we managed to work it into the calendars with very little hesitation.  Drove up here Thursday, it's about 2 hours from home, on a great day for a drive in the country.  One thing I always get a charge out of is getting in the car and heading out, especially when I haven't even picked a destination, but even with a spot in mind, for a break from the everyday life.  We have invaded Nancy's sewing room, luckily she designed it with plenty of space for all 4 of us with machines and chairs.  Here's our setup--

design wall and ironing table on the left wall, Maggie in the far left corner in the easy chair for hand sewing, cutting table in the far right back corner, Nancy at her machine table on the right, my chair and sewing table on the right foreground.  And where's Leisl???

Breakfast is waiting for her at her machine, she's enjoying her beauty sleep, which she is very prone to do!  Also, a little clucker is perched nearby, it lays gumball eggs which should also be good for breakfast, don't you think?
And here's what I have accomplished!!  I am happy to have all the rows together, ready to move on to the next step to make a duvet for Brita and Ben.  These are a collection of fabrics that I have been gathering for a couple years with the thought that I would use them for something special.  Some of them are Daiwabo, some are Lecien, and there are a few others thrown in for good measure to give me enough to work with.  I am very happy with the overall look.

Depending on what else gets done here today, I will put up another post showing our Crown Royal challenge.  Bet you can't wait!

1 comment:

MissesStitches said...

Pam, I simply love that pattern, with the circles going every which way! What a beautiful job you have done. Way to go!

I like the Crown Royal Quilt, too. What a wonderful fusion......

I'll drink to that!