Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Road trip from afar

I'm enjoying a day at home today, nearly finished with a big quilt on the frame and then moving upstairs to work on blocks for a new pattern in the works. Meanwhile, checking Facebook for updates from Danny on the road trip that he and Bob are enjoying. They departed here last night about 6 in Dan's newly purchased pickup. There was a picture of sunset in Mankato last night, and then when I woke up this morning there was a sunrise in Rapid City! They called me during breakfast in Custer, SD, after trading off driving all night long. Heading across Wyoming with the plan to camp tonight near Jackson Hole. I'm so jealous! I love that feeling of energy and anticipation that I get when the road stretches out ahead. And I do love the mountains, but I also get a thrill out of wide open spaces, where it seems like I can see forever. So, driving across South Dakota or Nebraska has never been a hardship for me! Just a prairie girl at heart!

No comments: