Saturday, September 25, 2010

what I'm working on...

Here's some things I have been working on lately...
When I went on vacation in Colorado, I packed a bag of handwork projects and I usually had some time in the evenings to relax with some good fiber fun.
First, the knitting:
Maybe not Brita's most flattering pose, sorry Bubba, but you are beautiful in my eyes! Pattern by Brooklyn Tweed, yarn is washable wool.
And another littler hat in basically the same pattern but smaller:
yarn is CottonEase by Lion Brand
Some more blocks for the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt class at Bear Patch Quilting Co.
Then I spent a little time learning to use this funky little ruler that I had an idea might be kind of fun to try out. And it really is! It is called the Double Diamond 3.5 ruler from Bright Quilting Notions. It creates a dimensional design that kind of reminds me of some Seminole piecing that I did long long ago.

This shows a closeup so you can see the cut and folded triangles a little better--
I plan to teach this as a future class at the shop because I think it is a fun technique, but easier to learn with some step-by-step demonstration.
Also, I've obtained the recording of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, and it is SO GOOD! Very intriguing. My only regret is that I know it is the end of the series about my new heroine, Lisbeth Salander. I've read the rumors about the supposed 4th partially written book, but since the author, Steig Larsson, died it is doubtful that I will get to read about any more of Lisbeth's exciting life. I can still look forward to the movie of this book next year.

No comments: