Saturday, February 9, 2008

Retreating

Just finishing up our first day at Beaver Lake Landing in Cumberland, WI, with 7 others at our Stitchin' Trips retreat. The thing I notice about being here is that I can disregard the clock and spend my time enjoying the chance to be absorbed in quilting. My accomplishments today include completing the binding on 3 projects, now officially DONE! Assembled all the blocks for my Carry Nation quilt and need to add borders but I concluded that I need a little black fabric for a skinny border before the main border, so that is on hold. Next is a little baby quilt. Have just about finished a sock, too. Others here have assembled a few other quilts and we have a scrapper in our midst, too. Good soup for lunch today that was a new recipe for me and one we liked--Winter Squash and White Bean Stew. Great lasagne for supper and good shiraz. Very cold out today and the wind blowing snow across the lake makes it fun to be inside. Movies watched include Dreamgirls, My Best Friends Wedding, Flashdance and Footloose. Now SNL is entertaining us and surprisingly we are all still awake! Normally I can only make it through "Live from New York" before snoozing!

No comments: