Monday, March 3, 2008

Go Green

In the interest of helping the environment, I have written a pattern to replace your paper and/or plastic grocery bags. At least one at a time! I took the size directly from our standard paper grocery sacks. This picture shows the use of patchwork (5" squares) to create the bag, but it can just as well be made of one fabric entirely. I just made one at retreat but it's not quite finished yet so I will post a picture soon. Now if I can just remember to take the bag with me for groceries!

Another pattern that I have designed and titled "Cameo" is finished. It developed from a project that I started at the Kaye England seminar last August in the Milwaukee area and features fabric she has designed. Although it was made for that specific fabric, it could easily be translated to be used with other types of focus fabric. Maybe you would like to give it a try, I would love to see what else could be done with it. Let me knnow what you think!
Exciting day tomorrow! Brita comes home! Can't wait to get a hug!


No comments: