Tuesday, September 30, 2008

An apron by any other name...


I am readying the instructions for a new pattern I have come up with, and I really puzzled over the title a long time.  That is a tough part of the process, it has to be appealing, attention-getting, memorable, but not inappropriate.  I am liking the idea of staying with rhymes, but try and come up with something good for apron!  I even use a couple websites for rhymes and they weren't much help for that.  So then I branched out my thinking along the line of other kitcheny-type stuff, and kind of a little retro feel, and lo and behold, "Flower Power" popped out of a cobwebbed corner of my brain, and morphed into "Flour Power"!  So that's that!  Soon available for purchase at Bear Patch Quilting Co. and any other store that's interested!  The sample on the clothesline above is the one Maggie made as she tested my directions, it is cute in the 30's repro prints.  There also is another sample available for purchase on the store's silent auction, I will snap a picture when I go tomorrow.  Now to my machine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom- I love these aprons!!! Nice work!