Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I have had the pleasure of doing some quilting for Stacy West, designer of Buttermilk Basin patterns.  She took all her newest patterns and samples to the International Quilt Market in Pittsburgh, PA, about a week ago.  This is a trade show attended by quilt shop owners to view/buy/order the latest fabrics, patterns, gadgets, etc.  I have attended Market before, and love the experience.  Unfortunately, it was not in the cards for me to attend this time, so I was very curious about how my quilting looked on display.  Stacy forwarded a couple links from other blogsites showing her booth and display:  
Doesn't Stacy do a great job with her designs and display?  It was fun to have a little part of it--the red and white quilt in the foreground was one I quilted, it is redwork embroidery on all those blocks.  Then on the right wall there are 2 more that I can see that I quilted, they combine applique and embroidery.  Then in the Sweet Home picture, there is a corner of a quilt on the left side of the picture that I also quilted.  There were a few other items that I did that aren't shown here, too.  I haven't found out yet from Stacy how her patterns were received, if the show was a success for her or not.  I know that the economic situation has changed what our customers at the quilt shop are buying, so that in turn changes what the shop buys, which trickles down to the pattern designers.  We are ready for that quilting bailout anytime now!
Regarding my last post, I think that the big red star pattern was from Calico Carriage--Nancy if you are reading this will you comment?

1 comment:

nancy said...

Hi Pam,
Although this pattern has that Calico Carriage look, it is a Country Threads pattern, "One Big Star". Construction was from mainly 1/2 square triangles (that were huge!)It went together quickly and easily.