Tuesday, August 10, 2010

back in the saddle again

Cheers to new cameras and birthday money! My recent camera loss coincided with my birthday, so I was able to use my birthday gift money to fill the gap. So I shopped around, and found that I was pretty lucky to have had the little Canon that my kids picked out for me 2 years ago, and to make life simpler I decided to stick with that brand and just get an updated model. Plus I found a good one for a good price on clearance at OfficeMax when I was buying paper. So I am back in business this morning! New pictures for you!
This was a fabric souvenir from Fabrications in Healdsburg, CA.
Just a nice little whimsical print from Japan.
And this was my yarn souvenir from Balls & Skeins in Sebastopol.
A couple quilts have made it onto and off the quilt frame during my photo-impaired time period. One of them was lots of red and black and white flannel with a center like this:
This quilt belongs to Greg, son of my friend, Leisl. Greg is leaving in a few days to start at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. Their team name is the Utes, taken from the Native American Ute tribe. I did a little readingabout the school, since the only Utah school I had known was BrighamYoung. Looks like a good place for Greg, I hope he is happy there. Interestingly, this is a campus that bans alcohol but allows guns!

On my quilt frame (to be finished today):
Your basic log cabin quilt, which never goes out of style. I'm stitching this spiral square pantogram, a repetitive pattern that I really like because it has a nice rhythm to it. Also on the schedule for today, work on cleaning out a closet full of lots of knitting and craft stuff. My goal is to empty it out, repaint (sorry Brita, the glitter and grafitti of HS has to go), and install proper shelving. Ideally, this would be done in the next 3 days so I can accomodate a special guest for the weekend. But unless a crew shows up on my doorstep in the next hour or so, that won't be happening! Oh well, we'll make the best of it!

No comments: