Thursday, August 19, 2010

in the works

Martinique by 3 Sisters for Moda--gotta love it!

This is something that I have been working on for a couple months now, it is beautiful fabric and will be a sample for Bear Patch. Would be good to get it done while there is still a good amount of the fabric in the store! But I have not been focused on it so it feels frustrating to be so unfinished. I have actually completed 19 blocks and it needs 28 total plus 4 partial blocks and an applique flower block. I think I have all the half-square triangle blocks sewn now, but will have to double check the count to be sure. One problem I encountered was that all of these half-square triangles were in need of trimming down to size, not because I sewed incorrectly but because the cutting directions allowed for that. If I had been more diligent in reading the pattern prior to cutting, I would have converted over to using triangle paper instead. That gives me the exactly right size every time, and the job of removing the paper is, to me, less putzy than trimming everything. But the trimming did leave me a pretty little pile of quilters' confetti!

No comments: