Friday, April 15, 2011

old and new

I am sharing a picture of another older favorite quilt that I have made--

This is called Pinwheels and Posies and is from a book by Liberty Homestead. The book title is Farmhouse Quilts--All the Stars Above. The pinwheel blocks are each 2" x 2" and I made them from a lot of assorted fabrics from my stash. The other blocks are hand embroidered with applique wool flowers. Instead of quilting it as usual, I decided to go for a more old-fashioned look with ties in the pinwheels and a big running stitch around the flower blocks.

In 2008, the Posse took a road trip to the Kansas City area and were lucky to be able to visit the Liberty Homestead Mercantile and Retreat center. Leisl is a big fan of quilt kits, and Liberty does up some good ones. She was looking gleeful about this kit--

We had a tour through the back room and upstairs, the areas used for retreats. It was very nicely done, and I was very impressed with this antique yo-yo quilt there--

Today I am finishing up quilting this great batik quilt. Aren't those colors of blue, grey and green just wonderful together? It reminds me of sea glass.

"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." --Peace Pilgrim

No comments: