Sunday, April 12, 2009

easter socks


Look what the Easter bunny brought!  Well, not really, since these are soon on their way to someone special who also just happens to have a birthday real soon.  Since they are still drying, it will be good timing to mail them tomorrow.  These are for Mary, and I used a yarn new to me.  It is Paton's Stretch Socks, color mineral, and it's kind of neat because it is a mix of cotton, wool, nylon and elastic.  I worry a lot about getting socks the right size when I make them for others because I don't want to go to all that work and then not fit right.  These looked awfully small to me but Mary has a much smaller foot than my own.  They do look kind of fat in the instep, one more so than the other, one of the problems of knitting one sock at a time and not always duplicating the tension and stitch count exactly.  I'm not a machine, after all!  These might be just right for those edematous days!  The leg part looks exaggeratedly skinny, but that's because I ran the ribbing all the way and that will have plenty of stretch.  They were fun to make and I hope fun to wear! 

1 comment:

MissesStitches said...

Your socks are beautiful, Pam! As always. I really love wearing mine.
Jan