Sunday, July 4, 2010

before and after


While down at my parents' house with Dan, we decided to take on a little maintenance project for them. They have a wonderful deck which needed some serious cleaning and restoration. So we rented a power washer, and Dan went to work. He spent about 6 hours going over every inch of it, and the result was wonderful! The original redwood grain was once again visible. Still needs a new coat of sealer applied, which we couldn't stay long enough to finish, but I'm sure mom and dad will be able to accomplish that. Handling that power washer, however, was not something that even I would want to take on. Many thanks to Dan for his hard work and resolve to get the job done!
I realize that I have been sadly lacking in any fun quilty stuff lately, I promise to make up for that in the near future. The month of June has flown by with so many other things going on that weren't really fiber-friendly most of the time, so I have been on a sewing break. I'm lucky to be able to flex my work and business schedules enough to shift priorities when needed. I'll be back on track with my stitchin' soon enough, I promise!

"I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense."
--Helen Kushner

No comments: