Friday, July 9, 2010

pile o' quilts

Look what I picked up last night at my Piecemakers' meeting--
NINE (9) new little quilts for donation to Twin Cities' Quilts for Kids! Thank you, thank you, thank you! The little monkeys on the top are too cute!

I recently took a class at Bead Monkey to learn how to make soldered jewelry, and this was what I made--
It was fun and something I had wanted to do ever since I picked up a book and supplies at Urban Arts and Crafts in Kansas City over a year ago. Or was that 2 years ago? (If it's 2 years ago that is really bad because that means we are way overdue for a Posse Road Trip!) Anyway, I now know how to handle a soldering gun, just a little one, but enough to make me dangerous! These pendants are 2-sided, so there is another related picture on the back. Our teacher was very nice and made it look much easier than it actually is! Practice will help, and I have enough glass squares, copper tape, solder and flux to last me awhile. And Bob will be missing the soldering gun from his workbench!

Today at the store I got totally sucked in by these little hedgehogs, and ended up with a whole pile of fabric to put into a quilt. They are sly little guys, looking so cute and friendly, but troublemakers! When Dan was in high school sometime, he had a pet hedgehog named Nermal. Nermal was a nice little pet, but sadly, perished. Dan took such good care of him, but I don't think they have a very long lifespan.

"I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something."
Jackie Mason

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Awesome fabric!