Saturday, April 26, 2008

greenery

I am now finding some green leaves starting to show on some of the brush around here, although this morning it was all covered in white again! Nasty Mother Nature! But that didn't stop me and my friend, Betty, from going into the city for a Craftstravaganza, and I'm glad we did. The vendors were almost entirely young (at least under 40) with many interesting products. Buttons are really hot, whether actual buttons made into every sort of pin, magnet, bracelet, etc., or the buttons you make from a disk with plastic cover and pinback. A lot of use of retro fabrics, trims, jewelry, papers. A lot of "re-purposed" things, which amounts to making new things out of old things. It was well attended, even though it was almost as cold inside as it was outside--it was in a building on the state fairgrounds and the doors were wide open and unheated. It was really nice to see a younger generation's take on the arts and crafts, as well as a lot more guys than I expected.
Taking a little break from my binding, it must be 2 miles around this quilt I need to finish! Can't convince Bob that he would really be good at it if only he would try! We could work on it together and have some "quality time". I'm not giving up hope.