Thursday, April 24, 2008

progress!

Some days at home have proven to be just what I need to feel like I can accomplish something. These 2 small quilts are Bamboo and Pinwheels by From Me to You. They are basically made at the same time because one strip set is cut into triangles but makes 2 designs. The fabrics are mostly Kaffe Fassett, something new at the store and very striking in big blocks like these. The first one is all quilted and bound and ready to go, the second one is not. Draping them over the couch was my best display choice at the moment when I don't have Bob home to hold them up for you!

So many stars! 56 in fact! Got the borders on yesterday and now working on quilting, I am on a deadline to get this finished to display at the store by Sunday. It will be offered as a class come summer. It is the 1800 Haussmann collection, fabric and pattern by Sharon Evans Yenter for In the Beginning Fabrics. I will have to do a little research on the history, they are great reproductions of that era. Again, draped over the couch, what can I say!

I forgot to credit the baby quilt shown on my previous post. It is a pattern called Posh Tot by Blue Underground Studios. A quick and easy one that I probably will use again.
Expecting rain again today so quilting in the basement and listening to a book on tape sound like a good thing! Over the past 2 days I have watched way to much daytime TV while sewing and working around the house, today will be a day off from that in order to stop my brain from turning into mush! Looking for a good laugh? Check out Dan's latest video for Mammoth Mountain! I think he has stopped shivering by now!