Friday, April 18, 2008

The Lighter Side


Just had to share this wonderful picture with you!

I actually am rejoicing in the fact that I have been able to lose some weight recently, and it feels so good to fit into my pants again! I always hate to tell people if I do something like a diet because then I feel the pressure to carry through, and any woman my age can tell you that losing weight just isn't what it used to be! So January 1 I signed up for Weight Watchers online, inspired by Brita and Ben's success. And slowly but surely I have seen the scale numbers drift downward. This is no Incredible Shrinking Pam, but it does make a difference in a lot of things. I feel more physically energetic and able to move around easier, and happy that I can wear some flattering clothes. Not at my goal yet, but it is within sight. Plus, this has nudged me in the direction of looking more closely at the food that I buy, and I have found some good stuff for my lactose intolerance, too. Tofutti sour cream and cream cheese that tastes very close to the real thing, fake cheddar cheese that is vegetable based and tastes OK on a sandwich, soy ice cream, soy yogurt and Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean patties as a meat substitute. And right now I am baking a portion of Amy's frozen lasagna that is dairy free, so I am excited to see what that tastes like. I baked the black bean patties, crumbled them and added them to a lettuce salad with low fat ranch dressing and it was delicious! Some of this has rubbed off on Bob, and he has made good use of the treadmill we bought in January, so he has lightened up as well. Looking good!