Thursday, April 17, 2008

Quilt Fun



I have finished up a couple quilts on the longarm and have selected a couple photos to show you. The vines with flowers and leaves worked out well on this small quilt made mostly of Amy Butler prints from a pattern by Aardvark Quilts. It is hopefully now in Arizona in the home of newlyweds Angie and Jake! Not much in need of a quilt down there, but it's the thought that counts, and maybe one day they will feel a chill and need a little warmth and there you go!
Next is a flower quilt top done for a friend, I'm just selecting one of the blocks to show you an example of the fun flowers I put into the blocks. Each block was a different flower, so I had ample opportunity to put different motifs in place. I was rewarded with the smile of the owner when she picked it up and could see her finished work in a new way. This gets to be pretty fun!