Tuesday, January 13, 2009

finished object!

This has to be one of the most fun projects I have ever knit, because I got to see so many color changes as I worked my way through the yarn.  It was a free pattern that I learned about through another blog site, the Yarn Harlot, which is very, very entertaining!  This is the pattern from Brooklyn Tweed, very simple, and I ended up using 4 different skeins of Noro Silk Garden to add more color variation.  Not sure why I did that, because there was plenty going on there with the first 2 I picked out.  Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I let myself go back to the yarn shop (All About Yarn) and I had an overwhelming urge to put something else into the mix.  I have to admit that at first, I wasn't liking the feel of the Noro Silk Garden yarn, it seemed just a little rough.  But when I finished the scarf, and blocked it like a good girl, I was rewarded with a much softer, gentler scarf.  By the way, if you are looking at the Yarn Harlot blog, you have to go back to her post from Dec. 18, it is one of the funniest!
I am just starting my day, actually still under the covers as I write this, and listening to the house creak and pop so I know it's pretty cold.  Bob just informed me that the thermometer dropped a degree since he got up, it's -21 now, and the house doesn't like it.  Smart house!

No comments: