Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hocus Pocus updated

My pattern, Hocus Pocus, was first created in November at Nancy's Shangri-La, made in Christmas fabrics for the store's window display.  I really enjoyed all the positive comments from people, it is kind of weird to put my own design out there for all the world (well at least the Bear Patch world) to see and analyze.  I knew that it would need to be remade in some new fabrics so now that we are past the holidays, I put together a new sample and used those bright, bold Kaffe Fassett prints along with the Rowan shot cloth solids for a new look.  It really turned out lively!  It also makes for a very good learning project for quilters who want to do something past their beginner quilt, so I added it to the class offerings.   It will be fun to teach it to others, and get their feedback.  I was mortified when I discovered I had made a typo on the fabric requirements, shorting the border fabric 1/4 yard, actually less than that, but nonetheless too short to reach.  There is a way around it, but made me really feel badly for people who have purchased it and will end up facing the same problem and cursing the designer (me!!).  So if you are one of them, make the following change:
Twin size lengthwise border fabric should be 2 1/2 yds, NOT 2 1/4 yds!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!  It is sunny here and I get to sew!

No comments: